Domain Transfer series
Transfering from NameCheap.com
This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through NameCheap.com, and starts from their home page
Now let’s learn how to transfer your domain name away from this registrar, and into the domain registry of your choice
Domain name transfers must be initiated at the new registrars website…. that is, the website for the domain registrar where you want your domain name transferred to
However, you must first ensure that your domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of this registry….. and that’s what we’re going to do now…..
1) Enter your NameCheap.com Username and Password here
2) Then click Login Now!
You are now logged in to your NameCheap.com account
3) Click the View link here to see a list of domain names in your account
4) Click the domain name for which you want to remove the registry lock
5) Click the Registrar Lock link here
In this case, the Registrar Lock status is “Not Locked“, which is what we want if we want to transfer a domain name out of this registry
6) If the status was “Locked“, then we would want to click here to release the lock…..
7) ….. then we would click the Save Changes button here
With the lock removed from the domain name, it can be transferred to another domain registry
You must now go to the website of the domain name registrar you wish to transfer to, and initiate a domain transfer request
8) When finished, click the Logout link here
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to un-lock domain names, thus enabling you to transfer them away from NameCheap.com